"Dysfunctional people are like bumper cars, they keep bumping into each other but they never come together."
1. Dysfunctional is the opposite of a functional.
- Functional Defined: 1.In good working order.2.Useful; serving a purpose, fulfilling a function That sculpture is not merely artistic, but also functional: it can be used as a hatrack. Two or more people come to together to share a common activity, and they have implied and expressed desires for the groups. When a person makes decisions that lead toward the common goal, the relationship is functional.
1. Communication that fails, for example, the functional person in a situation finds agreement, has eye contact, and the dysfunctional person agrees, but does not do as agree, there is a breakdown, the situation does not function.
2. There is no stable progress towards agreement, while some behavior is for progress, often the general overalll situation does not accomplish a task.
3. Dysfunctional behavior just simply occurs when maladaptive responses have been learnt or adaptive responses have not been learnt
Log In to Leave a Comment or Join
Copyright © 2018 All rights reserved.
Not a member? Sign Up